Pupils in Banksy class had the opportunity to take part in Bike Ability. They gained essential skills to boost their confidence and help keep them safe.
Mastery of basic skills – Once learnt, never forgotten
- Check. Perform an “ABCD” safety check of your air, brakes, chain and direction before every ride
- Look. Be aware of your surroundings at all times
- Move. Take the most suitable riding positions and own your space on the road. Keep out of the gutter and use the middle of your lane at junctions.
- Communicate. Riding position, arm signals and eye contact are all useful ways to show your intentions.
- Ride! Stick to the rules of road, remember who has priority at each stage of your journey and enjoy your ride!